Friday, February 4, 2011

Actor Who I Have Not Liked Until Recently

There are a few actors out there that my mind has changed from disliking to having respect for their acting ability. These few have only happened recently and most is because of recent films and their improvement. In the case of Leonardo DiCaprio, he was a bad actor in his early career, but these past five or six years have changed that.


Brad Pitt: An Interview With A Vampire, Meet Joe Black, Legends of the Fall, Troy, Sleepers, and Seven Years in Tibet are just a few of Mr. Pitt’s bad films. As I grew up, the only films that I liked of his were the Ocean’s Trilogy. However, I just started watching more of his other films and I have to say with confidence that I enjoy Brad Pitt now. After watching Snatch, Fight Club, Seven, A River Runs Through It, Burn After Reading, The Assassination of Jesse James, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and Inglourious Basterds, I really have a new found love for this man. I look forward to seeing him this year in the film Tree of Life.

Angelina Jolie: This isn’t so much as a new found love like her domestic partner, but I can say that Ms. Jolie is a good actress when she wants to be. And if you don’t believe me, I highly recommend that you watch Clint Eastwood’s film Changeling. She is just magnificent and if she ever deserved any awards for any of her works, it is for this one. And then I watched Lara Croft: Tomb Raider and that was the first time that I actually thought of her as HOT! I never knew what people thought of her until I saw her in that film. And lastly there are a few good roles that she has done too. She was good The Tourist, I have to say. The movie was bad, but she was pretty good. And then there is of course Wanted that made me think of her as hot again. Curses, filmmakers need to keep her away from guns so I can stop thinking this of her.

Leonardo DiCaprio: Like I stated before, Mr. DiCaprio was never been one that I liked until very recently. I mean, look at every film before Catch Me If You Can and I dare you to find one performance of his that I liked. After Catch Me If You Can, there are films like The Aviator, Blood Diamond, Body of Lies, and most recently Shutter Island and Inception (though there is one exception, The Departed). But now this man know how to act and I can’t wait to see what he does in the future (J. Edgar Hoover anyone?).

Jessica Biel: This woman has gone back and forth in my mind on the quality of her work. I have never really enjoyed any of her films until this past year. And only there can I name three movies in which she does a good job. She was really good in The A-Team and The Illusionist. But the only reason she was good in Next was because everything going on around her was doing such a bad job. She stuck out as the least painful thing in that film.

No comments:

Post a Comment